lunedì 14 settembre 2009

CV

For my first post something pretty basic: I’m trying to fix up my CV for this blog and am realizing that my ‘experience’ as it were is really international. So, when thinking of format, who’s ‘requirements’ do you respect? Those of the EU (the famous EU CV), those of the US (but which style???), those used in Germany (where I’m doing the PhD), or those in Italy (where I live and work)? All of this just to say that what we’re still missing is some kind of international format for presenting oneself to the outside world, in whatever language it may be. Guess my conclusion in the end is a sort of, as my colleague Fran and other Green Day fans will understand ‘f… em all’ and I’ll do it the way I feel most appropriate in this hybrid status I’ve found myself in as an American working and living in Italy doing her PhD in Germany. There’s got to be some benefit in the end in not ‘belonging’ to any specific university, country or culture, right?

Now I’ll go see if I can actually get this CV online. Then off to ‘real’ things.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento