lunedì 15 marzo 2010

I'm back!

Ok, today is really like the first day of my PhD. I finished (or at least I hope so!) the book, set up the exchanges and am finally sitting down to read. As I went through my emails today to do a bit of cleaning up, I found two messages colleagues had sent me about culture - the Global People project (Helen Spencer-Oatey) and the Unesco report on cultural diversity.
As usual, I'm lost as where to start so I'm starting here. The idea is that if I'm going to argue anything about telecollaboration, I have to be more familiar as to it's value from the three points of view - linguistic, cultural and literacies. It's reassuring that the Unesco report highlights the importance of language and modes of communication in describing cultural diversity. I'm going to try using Diigo to send a few quotes to this blog - let's see if it works. Then, of course, in the afternoon, a half hour of German?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento